Customer Note: These are the sleeves ONLY
There are stories being told about you amongst the soldiers. You are the mercenary who has slain over a thousand men. You put fear in your enemies with one sweep of your weapon. Your aura of darkness freezes the hearts of anyone who looks you in the eye. And your favourite? Someone is saying you made a deal with a devil so that you may never die.
You strap your armour over your Warrior Gambeson, preparing for battle. You will never tell them which stories might be true, but they can see for themselves your battle prowess once you step onto the field and dominate once more.
Epic Armoury’s Warrior Gambeson Short Sleeves are padded sleeves, that fit with the Epic Armoury Warrior Gambeson Torso, which is sold separately. These sleeves are easily attached to the Torso by using the supplied cotton cords and long-lasting brass eyelets.
Thick enough to serve as its own armour, these sturdy short gambeson sleeves are constructed with heavy layers of fluffed polyester sandwiched between layers of heavy cotton twill. All these layers are stitched together in vertical lines, keeping the padding in place and mimicking a classic European high-medieval style.
Though of European cut, gambeson or quilted-style armours have seen world-wide use since antediluvian times, making the Warrior Gambeson a great basic armour with a range of possibilities regardless of time and place.
- Quilted armours have been around since at least 400 BCE
- Used as padding under chainmail or plate armour
- Historically, a high-medieval European gambeson was recorded as being capable of stopping sword blows from penetrating the skin
- Could stop heavy arrows and mace and axe impacts with the addition of overlaying chainmail
- Specific style often worn by freemen, mercenaries, and other independent warriors
|Height:||17cm, 13cm, 22cm|
|Width:||22cm, 26cm, 28cm|
|Weight:||260g, 310g, 210g|
|Material:||Cotton, Polyester blend|
|Maintenance:||Delicates wash only. Do not tumble dry.|