Prices incl. GST. Shipping costs may apply.
OUT OF STOCK - Please contact us regarding an ETA or placing a pre-order
- Product number: D18980150D
- Manufacturer number 442406
The sunrise peeks over the horizon long after you are already awake and practicing your sword drills. A jianke must practice daily with the Jian sword to become a true master, and you take your duty as a soldier seriously.
As you finish the thousandth practiced cut, slicing through the air with perfect form, you feel a certain peace overcome you. Practicing with your sword is like a form of meditation.
Epic Armoury’s Jian is a slender and elegant latex-hybrid weapon inspired by Chinese tradition. The sword is 90 cm long and features a 65 cm straight blade with a fuller and rain-guard. The small crossguard is 9 cm wide and oval shaped, protecting the 13 cm handle, cast and painted to look like realistic painted wood and metal carvings.
For the most detailed Chinese-inspired kit, this Jian sword is our highest quality gear due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Used for the last 2,500 years in China
- Known as “The Gentleman of Weapons,” wielded by the famous Sun Jian who defended the Empire of Ancient China
- Used by practitioners referred to as jianke
- A fuller, or the groove that runs the length of the blade, was added to weapons to lighten the blade while adding structural strength
|Maintenance:||Treat with Silicone Maintenance Spray after each use for best results|
|Material:||Injected Polyurethane, EVA, Latex|